Shirt, trousers and dress measuring Guide
For best convenience for our distant clients who can’t be measured directly or those who can’t join their team on the date of taking measurements, we offer the instruction as follow
Taking measurements for shirts
- Shoulders width: on your best-fitted shirt, measure from the seam between shoulder and sleeve. This measurement should be very accurate because shoulder is a hard-to-adjust part.
- Sleeve length: measure from the seam between shoulder and sleeve to the starting point of your thumb (if it is for long sleeve shirt). This measurement would be taken depends on whether it is going to be a short or long sleeve shirt. Normally, for short sleeve business shirt, measure from shoulder to the center point of your bicep; for raglan sleeve shirt, measure to your elbow.
- Biceps: measure at the biggest round
- Chest: measure at the biggest round
- Low chest: measure from shoulder to the highest point of your chest.
- Waist: measure at the thinnest round
- Low waist: measure from shoulder to waist
- Hip: measure around your shirt’s hem.
- Body length: measure from shoulder to your desired point of length.
Note: the above 9 steps are all applicable for women. Men only apply steps 1, 2, 4, 8, 9
Measurements for trouser
- Waist band: measure around the navel
- Hip: measure at the biggest round
- Low crotch: measure from navel to crotch’s seam
Measurements for skirt
Waist band: measure around navel
Hip: measure at the biggest round
Length: measure from waistband to your desired point of length.
- Thigh line: measure at the biggest round
- Trouser length: measure from waistband to instep. Trouser length is up to your desire and your shoes.